Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loki has much more pearls now than she did before they are so beautiful ill have to get a good picture one day.Is it only Females who get lots of lovely pearls.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Well by "keep them" we mean that females will moult them out but they will grow back in. Males will moult them out but they will rarely grow back in (some males DO keep their pearls although it's very uncommon)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well by "keep them" we mean that females will moult them out but they will grow back in. Males will moult them out but they will rarely grow back in (some males DO keep their pearls although it's very uncommon)
Yeah I know but im saying she didnt moult hers out she moulted out regular feathers and got more pearls.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Feathers change over time. All everyone is saying is that a male pearl will end up looking like a normal grey when he's done molting, a hen will still have the pearls. Whether they gain more or not is up to the individual bird. Some pictures for comparison would be good to see.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feathers change over time. All everyone is saying is that a male pearl will end up looking like a normal grey when he's done molting, a hen will still have the pearls. Whether they gain more or not is up to the individual bird. Some pictures for comparison would be good to see.
I know what everyone else is saying can I not add that she gained more im not disagreeing with anybody were having a chat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts