Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my friend has a cockatiel who is 11 months old we thought she was a female but she's very vocal with whistling all the time very constant it's beautiful also she has a mirror in the cage and crystal the tiel will perch right in front of it looking at herself and whistle and chirp very loud over and over she molted or i assume thats what she did as my friend said she lost all her tail feathers back in November which would've put her at about 8 months they have grown half back now my question males lose there pearls correct? At what age does she sound like a male I'm going to take a few pictures and attach in a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
My Fuzzy revealed himself to be a boy at about 8 months after me thinking he was a girl all that time. This does sound like a boy, as girls don't normally show any interest in mirrors (normally, there are exceptions to everything!:D) But the pictures will help!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just added the photos :) see thats what I thought when I told her the first thing I said was shes that talkative (not actually saying anything but that vocal? and she likes to look at herself in the mirror and chirp & whistle at herself VERY LOUDLY that is also a male trait correct??

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
He's a boy. He's losing pearls and has some solid gray tail feathers, meaning boy:)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yes, he is a very handsome little guy! :) Love the way his pearls are fading and how they look.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Yes, he will eventually look like a normal gray male. He may have some ghost pearling though.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes he is I actually bought him for my friend and the only said that typically his colors are male but that crystal was a female hehe I had a feeling lol he's beautiful although my pearl boy is beautiful I love his colors Kronos is darker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts