Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peabody is my cat. I know this is off-topic for a parrot forum, but this is incredibly important to me.
We got Peabody when I was one year old. We lived in an Ontario suburb and my babysitter came one day with a tiny kitten in her purse. She found it behind her house and her father threatened to kill it if she tried to keep it, so she gave it to us. My dad wanted to name it Puppy, but my mom disagreed and decided to name it Peabody.
Peabody was an incredibly docile and sweet cat who let me to anything to him.
I picked him up, put him in baby carriages, dressed him in baby clothes, and the entire time he just sat there calmly and looked at me.
Peabody is my best friend. He's my baby. He'll sit on my lap when I'm eating dinner, sitting on the couch, or using my computer. He's a cuddlebug who loves to get attention. And he also loves to explore.
Which proved to be how he got into such a mess.
Someone put the dog on the dog run at night and left the door unlocked. He's a sweet dog but he's strong, and he pushed the door open. Peabody ran out, and while the dog was squirming he shut the door. Peabody was gone.

He got out Wednesday night, and he's been gone since. No sign of him. The neighbors haven't seen anything. And our great-aunt who lives just a while away's cat got out too a couple weeks ago and was picked up by a hawk.

This is the first time I've ever lost a pet. I went outside at nine yesterday night and went out looking for him. By the end of it I was sobbing. I went in at ten and cried until twelve.

We made a little bed for him outside in a box protected from the wind and cold with his favorite pillow and a bowl of food. No sign of him. He's gone.

Peabody is my best friend. I'm devastated by this, and it's only a couple days before school starts. I don't know how I'm going to get through high school starting and my best friend vanishing at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
What a beautiful kitty. I really hope he turns up. Have you contacted your local animal shelters and vets? Posting on Facebook can help too. Please keep us updated!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We put posters all over the neighborhood and local stores. We're hoping he went to the neighboring neighborhood Astoria. Everywhere else is just fields.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never had a cat get out before, so I suppose I panicked. This little guy came scratching at the patio door looking terrified at three in the morning. Hes settled back into his cuddly little lifestyle. I was so terrified the hawks and coyotes would get him, but he made it home.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Glad to hear that Peabody found his way back home! I can understand how worried you must've been, while he was gone. I'm sure he'll be just as happy that he's back in his own 'kingdom' :)

We have two cats at my dad's house, and when they were younger (they've turned 13 now) one of them used to vanish for a couple of days and come back exhausted and hungry. Eventually we figured out around where we could find her back, so whenever she didn't show up for a couple of days, we would walk the same round and call for her, and she'd almost always be there. Still, the first few times this happened, we were really scared we'd lost our Pepper, too!
Now she doesn't go outside the garden as much anymore, and rarely leaves the cul de sac we live on.

Lets hope Peabody doesn't decide to go on another adventure like this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts