Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So once patches was introduced to the rest of the birds( after quarantine of course) he had found his "voice" he was starting to make a little bit of noise whilie he was still in quarantine but it was mainly if the kids were in playing on the play station - and not paying attention to him LOL

well since he's been w/ the rest of the birds for over a month he has learned several new sounds (well new to him)

he's picked up Bart's Car Alarm and Squeeky bed mattress sounds

then when Sky and Violet had thier 2nd clutch (they are budgies btw) Sky started "crying" like a baby for violet to feed him EVEN when he was sitting right on the food dish - well he did this for about 2 weeks then FINALLY STOPPED(it was a bit annoying but i got used to it) then several days later I heard it again, and went to see if Sky had started it back up

NOPE wasn't sky it was PATCHES!! :rolleyes:

then when i was in vaccuming and cleaning Saturday I kept hearing wild bird chirps only it was right at my ear (i was beside patches cage cleaning) looked up and he was just standing all proud making some wild bird sound - not sure if its a combo of differnt wild birds or just a specific one,

I'm not familar with each sound our wild birds make BUT I'm going to attempt to video tape him doing it, hopefully when he does it again and I'm in there the other birdies are a bit more on the quiet side so he can be heard LOL

He also does the Sexy Whistle (like a man does to a nice looking woman who walks by lol) BUT so far he does have his own tone for that he didn't steal Barts, Sun Dance's or Hop A Longs tone LOL

Just wanted to share the many sounds of Patches with y'all - now if he'd only stop the Car Alarm and Squeeky bed That is Bart's Trade mark LOL

oh and Patches is only 10 months old :) not that age matters for his sounds but he's growing up :D

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a bit

he's even picked up billy's habit of deciding to talk (only patches whistles) when i turn the vacuum on LOL

I call billy my Vacuum talker (instead of Closet talker LOL) because he'll talk up a storm when I'm running the vacuum

and Patches started with all his whistles, and noise making as soon as I turned on the vacuum:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts