Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

Hope you’ll are doing well. I’ve a question about these mutations mentioned in the subject ( Pastel, Cream and Yellow Cheek)
Attaching a picture of a pastel face male, and from what I know it’s preferr to pair it either with a pastel or split to pastel or whiteface gene to get a good offspring/ blood line.
There is not much awareness about these mutations(termed rare in my zone) and hard to find a pure pastelface female.
My question is how do I find if a bird is split to any of these mutations (PF,CF or YC).
I was thinking to walk to a bird market and try my luck to find these. In such markets the shop owners generally are not aware about the genes and background and hence any assistance to identify splits of these might help me to get one from that lot 😁
Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore Cat Whiskers
Architecture Glass Iron Fixture Daylighting

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello folks,

Hope you’ll are doing well. I’ve a question about these mutations mentioned in the subject ( Pastel, Cream and Yellow Cheek)
Attaching a picture of a pastel face male, and from what I know it’s preferr to pair it either with a pastel or split to pastel or whiteface gene to get a good offspring/ blood line.
There is not much awareness about these mutations(termed rare in my zone) and hard to find a pure pastelface female.
My question is how do I find if a bird is split to any of these mutations (PF,CF or YC).
I was thinking to walk to a bird market and try my luck to find these. In such markets the shop owners generally are not aware about the genes and background and hence any assistance to identify splits of these might help me to get one from that lot 😁 View attachment 92849 View attachment 92850
Any suggestions guys 🙄🙄🙄

1 - 2 of 2 Posts