Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have two cockatiels who have been together now for 17 months. We bought them from a pet shop and I am not too sure how old were when we got them. We feed them fresh veg and fruit, millet, seeds and pellets. We have tried giving them different types of protein but they are not interested. I also supply them with a food supplement. They have in their cage cuttlefish and a calcium block also. They are not tame and the only noise distraction is the television which they totally ignore. They had two chicks a year ago the other two in the clutch didnt survive. They mated again but they abandoned the eggs a couple of days before they were due to hatch. We separated them as we were concerned about them over breeding. After a few months we put them back in together as they seemed to be missing each other. Now a couple of months down the line we have another clutch of eggs (2) and they are starting to ignore them after two weeks. I candled one and there are veins visible. Any advise would be good

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.