Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of some help please my pair have had chicks, they are a new pair and i dont think they are feeding the young. Its also my first time with chicks i have all the feeding stuff ect the first chick that was 2 days old died today last night another chick hatched i have looked at it a few minutes ago and its crop is empty so set everything up to feed him but he is so small i cant get him to open his beak to feed. How do you guys do it i am scared silly as i was hoping the parents would look after the young. They are sitting on him and the eggs fine but i just dont see them trying to feed. I've tried lightly tapping the beak and he refuses to open up for the syringe. Help please do i let nature take its course and hope the parents click as they must have been feeding the first baby for it to reach 2 days. Am i doing more harm checking the chick?

·
Registered
24 Posts
How is the baby doing? Is he still alive? You can try and warm the tip of the syringe a little. That way it would resemble the warmth of the parents beak. Also, for a chick so young you will have to prepare the formula less thick and more runny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts