Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG!! I'm so happy!! Ever since i saw the movie 10 Things I Hate About You i've really wanted to go paddle boating (and i saw that movie a LONG time ago). Well today was a great day.

My best friend made me put on my dress which i bought over a year ago and hadn't worn even once (i've always felt its too dressy for everyday stuff) and we went for a picnic at the annual flower festival in Canberra, called Floriade. There's no prettier place for a picnic. There was live entertainment too and while we were eating there was a singer who seems to be extremely new, but absolutely wonderful! His name was Morgan Evans. :D We watched him for all his songs and then my friend suggested we go across the road and go paddle boating!!!!

Ahhh, it was soooo fun!! We hired a paddle boat for half an hour on the lake, and that gave us time to get to the big fountain and (this was highly intelligent) paddle through it.

That's the fountain. Now, from a distance it looks lovely and misty. :rolleyes: Going through it was like being caught it a crazy rain storm, lol!!! We wouldn't have been in the spray for more than about 10 seconds and we were SOAKED. And then!!! :rofl: The wind blasted in a different direction and we got a second shower of fountain water. Picture two 19 year olds in our prettiest sun dresses, SOAKING wet and trying to use a paddle boat without flashing our knickers!!! It was hilarious. The flashing-our-knickers part didn't become a problem until we were going back to the dock where LOADS of other people were waiting for their turn, hehe. Plenty of guys too, really not a desirable audience. :p

I am now in considerable discomfort, one of the bows on my dress must have been sticking into my back as i leant back against the hard plastic paddle boat seat and i have a delightful swollen bruise, and lets just say neither of us considered the sun-factor for our outing and i'm seriously sun burnt across my shoulders, chest and back (strapless dress :rolleyes:) - BUT i went paddle boating and it was awesome!! So i wouldn't change a thing!!!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast. I wouldn't mind going back out on a lake.

I remember when i first got in a boat. It was a School trip in september(ish). Ally and i were in one boat to go across the lake. As soon as Ally discovered the water was well over our heads she freaked and tried to get back into shore. Guess it was a good thing i was there and didn't let her. After we went across and back We all decided it was a nice day for a swim. Sadly it was the start of fall and the water was Freezing cold. People forgot about their Cell phones so needless to say everyone got the flu after and some people had some very wet phones lol.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Sounds like a dirty old mans dream. Two 19 year old girls in sun dresses soaking wet.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet you two were creased up laughing. I would have loved to have got photos of you.
You bet we were!! :rofl: It was great! I would've loved to be able to get photos of the experience too, definitely something i want to remember. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts