Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My four darling cockatiels; Ozzie, Finn, Pearl and Ruby enjoy the freedom of a light filled room and I shut them in a covered cage at night. I am currently planning for them to go into an outside aviary when the weather warms up in spring (its coming into winter here in Australia). I'll introduce them slowly and bring them in at night until they get used to being outside.

A builder has given me a quote for a colour bond steel aviary. He can make it to my specifications. The aviary has open mesh at the front and enclosed sides. We get cold winds here in SE Australia so it will can have a roller blind to cover the mesh with the door at the front. There is an option to put in a side mesh window and I think that may be good for air flow in summer. The base is waterproof ply and it fits onto a pine frame so the aviary can be moved.

I am currently trying to decide the best size and I don't know anyone around who can help me. My birds are not particularly active but I think once they are outside they may fly about a bit more. One of them can't fly (from birth) but he is a good glider and climber.

What size would you recommend for 4 birds? The aviaries are all 1.8 m high and the base measurements are:
1. 1.71 x .82 (5'6" x 2'6")
2. 1.71 x 1.13 (5'6" x 3'7")
3. 2.30 x .82 (7'5" x 2'6")
4. 2.30 x 1.13 (7'5" x 3'7")

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to add photos but I can't find their URL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts