Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So very excited. I had been looking for a whiteface male cockatiel for a real long time. Cuz I think they are so gorgeous. Months and months of searching went by...I'm on an island that, I swear, experienced a shortage of cockatiels for half a year. Anyways I finally found one that has had many homes -- the current owner described him as "mean" "untamed", a "little s***" and a few other names I won't get into.
Anyhow! I decided I'd just bring him home and work with him. We get home, I open his crate to put him in his new cage, and he jumps on my shoulder and bows his head for scritches! He is the sweetest thing! He fell asleep on my shoulder today and calls out when he sees me. I honestly have no idea how anyone could mistake him for mean! It was such a great surprise.
He's in a his old cage right now, separate from Togie. Once quarantine is over I will put them together and see how they act. I'm hoping that they will eventually be able to be in the same cage.

Anyways pics of the little handsome guy! This is my first time owning 2 cockatiels at once so any advice on helping them like each other is appriciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Awww, that's such a lovely background story. They definitely do choose their owners! :D Congrats!

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
He is so handsome, and a total sweetheart! I think the former owners are the little #@%^s! :lol:
So glad he has landed safely with you.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
He's stunning! I love how he immediately knew you were his and trusted you. :love:

The people you got him from sound like they should never be allowed to have birds. We have all jokingly called our tiels brats or similar around here, I am sure, but the description given of one so obviously sweet is just plain mean.

·
Registered
414 Posts
He's a beautiful guy. I think birds are like dogs and know who their friends are.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Aww bless him, how is that a mean bird !! Looks like he's found a happy home for himself, at last it would seem!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I totally agree with TexTiel and stevechurch2222. He is a lovely little guy-Congrats Thanks for giving him a loving forever home. Hugs and kisses from Brazil X x Teresa

1 - 10 of 10 Posts