Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember if i'd introduced my non-tiel babies yet or not, but I couldn't find any threads i'd started so here we go!

Oscar, my 6 month old rainbow lorikeet. It's easy to remember his age, because he's exactly a month older than Zoe lol.

Chloe, 5 year old yellow Labrador

Bailey, 3 year old chocolate Labrador

Whiskey, 1 year old black Labrador (chloe and bailey are his parents)

A little while ago a friend gave me this stretcher thinger that she had no use for and was going to throw out. The boys love it;

And a couple weeks ago we went to the dog park

:love::love::love:

·
Registered
786 Posts
They are all just so sweet! Love the labs, we had one for 11 years and still miss her. They are great dogs. Love your lorikeet too, such beautiful colors. Does he or will he talk? Thanks for sharing your great family with us!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Oscar can say hi, spazz and oscar. Haha. He also mimics the cockatiels to the point where I don't know if it's them or him making cute little tiel noises LOL

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've never heard of or seen a lorikeet before. What a stunning bird! I'll need to google it and find out more.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Beauties! How do you go with lorikeet "lava poo"? I would love a lorikeet but not sure how I'd deal with that around my house.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oscar is potty trained to an extent. He only poops in his cage or on a piece of paper towel I put down for him (a couple layers thick obviously lol). It took a while but he finally got the hang of it, I just have to remember to take him back to his cage or set him down on a paper towel every so often!

I used his favourite treat to train him.. apple juice in a syringe (without a needle obviously). He would get a drop of apple juice every time he pooped in the correct area.

We made a plastic backing and sides for his cage that clip on, so when he tries to shoot it out of his cage on a 45 degree angle, it just hits the plastic, and I unclip it and clean it every morning :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
They are all beautiful! :love: I love rainbow lorikeets :love:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts