Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember that i was contemplating buying a second, identical cage for the tiels so i could go DIY and put them together as one big cage! :D Well i did end up ordering the second cage, and i went into the pet shop today for a progress check and they finally put their order in with the company my cage is coming from and the cage should be here within days! I'm so excited! My friend and I (this was during a class break, we weren't wagging, hehe) went to the hard ware shop today and got the extra pieces i need to make my plan work, so now i'm just waiting on the cage! I'm very excited!

I found some SS food bowls too which i like the look of. I have some similar already but they just hook onto the cage bars, while the ones i was eyeing off while i was at the pet shop today screw onto the bars wherever you want to put them (rather than requiring horizontal bars). This would be great because i was rearranging the cage the other day and found that placing the bowls near perches became annoying to plan because of the need for horizontal bars, and this won't be a problem with the new type AND my little diva Cookie won't be able to protest at the choice of food in her bowls and empty them all over the floor. :p They're $5 each but i think i'm feeling just rich enough to buy 4 at the same time i buy the cage.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I hope the cages go together alright, that is going to be one big cage! :lol: I think they are going to love it! :p

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I got both those style food dishes they're great :) i get a 5 oz for 1.99 and a 10 oz for 2.99 :D we've bought the store OUT of those sizes and they only re order them once a year - & I need several more LOL very small privatly owned pet store w/ no pets (that's why i started shopping there - didn't have to worry about bringing home a bird lol)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got both those style food dishes they're great :) i get a 5 oz for 1.99 and a 10 oz for 2.99 :D we've bought the store OUT of those sizes and they only re order them once a year - & I need several more LOL very small privatly owned pet store w/ no pets (that's why i started shopping there - didn't have to worry about bringing home a bird lol)
:rofl: The place i'm buying this cage from is pet free too...other than some scorpions they have at the moment but it's safe to say i am NOT tempted to bring those home. :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I think I need to invest in those bowls as well, last night not sure if it was Minnie or Lee knocked of one of the extra bowl I had hanging up and sent Minnie into a freak out after I had covered them took me a good few minutes to get her calmed down.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D :D :D

Look what i have!!

Everything is in my room and ready to be put together now, i'll get to work either tonight after school or tomorrow!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was going to wait until tomorrow but the idea of cage parts sitting un-assembled was too much for me to bear! :p I now have the cages up to the furthest point before putting them together, all i need to do tomorrow is take the side off the old cage and put them together! I'm telling you now it is going to be GREAT!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I am not surprised you can't wait, it will be so big, looks like your little helper can't wait either! :lol: Be sure to post some pitures when your done!! :thumbu:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My project is complete!! :D

Here's what i did last night:

You can see the board it's sitting on is zip tied onto the stand, i was shaking and pushing at it to test for stability. :p

And today i have..... *drumroll please*

Empty.

Decorated! :D

It's large enough that Snickers is flying from perch to perch (he's too clumsy to climb yet), and all the tiels are loving it!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I forgot to mention before that despite it's size it's easy enough for me, on my own, to push it forward, back, and side to side. I had originally thought i wouldn't be able to get it stable enough to move without two people, so i'm really happy!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Wow!! I didn't think it was going to be that big! :thumbu: It sounds like Snickers is loving it already, there is so much space for them all!! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts