Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning their cages and this is what Baby was doing in the empty food bowl...

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
uh oh....lol maybe it wasn't a good idea putting them together...lol Baby doesn't realize Ziggy is still a young man :p I would keep an eye on that, Ziggy still has at least 6 mths probably more before he is ready for babies :D thats the hard part of having such a big age difference physically she is ready being older but he is still young ;)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
She needs to get that idea out of her head. :p Before long Ziggy will catch onto her plans and then there'll be trouble. ;) Sometimes i'm so glad that Cookie thinks Bailee is ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes i'm so glad that Cookie thinks Bailee is ridiculous.
LoL :p

Laura and Bea,

I am watching them very closely. :)She still hisses at him although he tries his best with his heartwings and chatter. From watching them Baby doesn't seem intrested and he seems to be ignorant most of the time to the fact that he has a girl around.:eek: To be honest, I am thinking the opposite at this moment. I am hoping and praying they will become a bonded pair but I'm just not seeing it right now.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
he seems to be ignorant most of the time to the fact that he has a girl around.:eek:
hehe.... I don't think he is ignorant to the fact there is a girl around he is just much to young to care and not mature enough yet to know what to do :p he has lots of time to bond for that for now he should just enjoy himself :p Look at Ollie and Georgie they have been together coming up on 6 mths I can't believe its been that long and they have no bond what so ever and I am good with that I don't want to have to worry about babies yet as there still to young they should really be at least 18mths before that can happen ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hehe.... I don't think he is ignorant to the fact there is a girl around he is just much to young to care and not mature enough yet to know what to do :p he has lots of time to bond for that for now he should just enjoy himself :p Look at Ollie and Georgie they have been together coming up on 6 mths I can't believe its been that long and they have no bond what so ever and I am good with that I don't want to have to worry about babies yet as there still to young they should really be at least 18mths before that can happen ;)
That's true. I am hoping by the time he "grows up" she'll like him.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Oh I am sure eventually they will form that bond right?...lol ( praying that her's get along at some point as well even if its just as friends)

I read an article on responible breeding that was interesting it said they usually mature sexually around 9 mths but its equivalant to it being a 12 year old child and you wouldn't let your 12 year old do it so you shouldn't encourage your birds to do it as they are mentally not ready to be parents.
And no I am not saying your encouraging them....lol :p I am just thinking maybe thats why he is not ready to form a bond with her he is thinking like a 12 yeah old...hehe

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Oh Oh! But it is so cute :D:D I hope they do become a 'pair'! It will be so great :)
Just hope that they put it off until he has grown up, or things might not go as planned. At least if they are a 'pair' there will no more hissing, and there will just be happy birdies :D:D

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
my budgies are great for climbing in all the food dishes, but they do it when thier is food in it, and the Tiels do it to the ones they can fit in, they love sitting in the dishes and eating

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Same here :D Little Bill just goes in the bowl and eats, but Earl goes in the bowl, mixes the food up so the food that was at the bottom is now at the top, so all the shells are at the bottom. Then Earl gets on the side again and eats off there because he can't fit in the bowl like Little Bill:) LOL!!

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Spike use to put one foot in and mix his food up. Lifting it in and out of the food dish :p Luckliy he does not do it anymore he made big messes doing it that way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts