Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2 cockateils a male and a female. They are just under a year. So far they have both bonded to me pretty much equally and loved to come out of their cage. All of a sudden my male has become obsessed with pleasing me in every which way, he whistles on command, never bites, flys back to his cage when he needs to poop, ect. As for my female she still trusts me completely but has wanted to spend a little more time in her cage lately. They both get AT LEAST 1.5 hours out daily but during that time their free to go into their cage if they please.
What should I do?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Maybe, if you can, have separate one-on-one time with them at different times? It could be that she feels a bit left out when the male is spending time with you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If the female is wanting to spend time in the cage I suspect she is getting nesty.
Might be time to setup a nestbox if your going to breed.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
My girls go back during playtime but it's bc they are finally getting some alone time away from the boys. Sometimes the boys do it but never as much as the girls.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Might be time to setup a nestbox if your going to breed
This is not a good idea as both birds are too young to be breeding.

You could try spending time with her in another room away from the cage. It'll give her a chance to hang out with you without that distraction.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I will spend some alone time with her. It will also be good for them Because they have never benn seperated in their entire life... Not even just going into another room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts