Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about re-arranging toys, perches, etc in a bird's cage. Will that upset or confuse the occupant? I was just thinking of moving some of the bendable perches especially. The food and water dishes cannot be moved, so they'll stay where they are. Would it be okay to move Bennie's "furniture?" I like to do it occasionally in my place, but don't won't to upset Bennie.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I rearrange my boys' cage every once in a while. I don't want them becoming phobic of new perches/toys/etc. I just make sure to do it earlier in the day so they've got some time to get a feel for the layout. Helps prevent night frights.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re-arrange cage?

Well I did it! After cleaning his cage today, I put things back in differently. I took everything out at one time, then put them back in different spots, or in different positions. It was cute: Bennie was "supervising", running around on top of his cage as I replaced his "furniture" and toys. A couple of times he nibbled at my fingers as if he was saying, "Hey, that's not where that goes!" Then when he went in, it seemed like he was checking things out. Later in the day, he seemed fine with it.
I have moved and exchanged toys before (I think most of us probably have enough toys to fill a small suitcase!) But I have never re-arranged all the perches.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I have moved and exchanged toys before (I think most of us probably have enough toys to fill a small suitcase!) But I have never re-arranged all the perches.
I have a medium sized tote under the table Joey's cage sits on, that has his spare food and toys, mostly toys. As if he doesn't have enough already, we're toy (and treat) shopping Saturday. :D

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
That's good. I always like changing around the cage to restimulate the birds mind and keeps things interesting for them. I actually just rearranged my conures cage today as well. Coincidence?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts