Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This bird is nut's, He loves to be stroked .. but he hates toys and will only eat seeds (I try to get him the best mixes I can) .. he will hiss at any new food, including changes to his seeds!! (or Toys .. for days !!!) that I try to introduce to him to, and not eat at all if it is present. and please don't say "Be patient" as I have ..

I think I have an idiot bird, but I love him anyway :)

Just thought I'd share that :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Peppy preferred budgie mix to cockatiel seed so she has been on this for a while. The other day I tried a new type and she has been going mad on the sunflower seeds which she never touched before. Maybe a longer break before introducing new foods would work for you. Also if you pretend to eat stuff yourself I find this gets them interested. Now if she would just stop laying eggs....................

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Luniticisi,
Cutie used to do that when we first got her... Now she eats all fresh and natural things..what we eat..more than the seed.:)

Please try the below method and let us know if it works for you..
Take a plate.. with small pieces of egg white(Boiled)... and grated carrot...
Eat once piece.. and pretend that it is super tasty.. i used to do that... i pretended as if i have a mouthful and i used to say ..yummmm..
Cutie would start jumping and running on his perch.. then i would give him his piece which i have not eaten..and kept separately in that plate..
if he starts eating..that means he likes that ..continue this daily:)

In this way..i give him our homecooked oil free food.. daily to cutie which would give him calcium,protein.. more and ofcourse she has her seeds and pealetts 1 time a day.. to get the required fat:)

if he doesnt like the taste..he would go up...back to his perch..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts