Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently when I was 12 I made an account on here and called myself Paratiel because I have a parakeet and had a cockatiel. Dear oh dear...

Well... I'm back! I still have the parakeet! Somebody recently gave me a cockatiel. It flew into their window. We are still in the process of locating its family. If we do not find them, either I or my aunt will keep him.

here is a pic. I would love to know what his mutation and sex is. We haven't named him just yet but any ideas are welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I agree with Calitiels. Cinnamon pearl, looks like an adult, most likely female. What's her behavior like?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with Calitiels. Cinnamon pearl, looks like an adult, most likely female. What's her behavior like?

If she sees you she flies to you and lands on your shoulder or head. But she hates being touched and hisses at fingers. Because of that I avoid letting her onto my head and shoulder until she reliably steps onto hands to get down. She loves to sit on your knees while you read.

In her cage she just sits either on the same perch or clinging to the bars. Sometimes she sits on a perch in front of the door and makes chirping noises with her wings slightly pulled away from her body. She does this to get our. Once out to flies around and lands on people and things. And chews any paper she can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hello! Welcome from Percy and me. :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Such a beautiful 'tiel. :) My guess is female, also.

·
Registered
885 Posts
She definitely sounds like someone's pet, so good luck with finding her family. If you do end up keeping her I would say you are a very lucky tiel owner!
Many people don't get to that level of interaction until they've persevered with a new tiel for quite a while. She seems very trusting which is great.

I'm gonna agree with the others and say I guess she is a hen, because she seems like a mature bird (older than 6 months/first molt) and she is most definitely a cinnamon pearl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts