Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choco is obsessed with my keyboard and likes to break all the keys. I try not to let her but she goes there when I'm not looking and tears it apart. She has broken 4 buttons already and I don't want any more damage so I'm going to buy a Keyboard Cover.

So I have 2 questions:
1. Is it safe if she bites the Silicone Keyboard cover? I heard that when heated silicon is deadly like teflon.

2. can I buy her, her very own keyboard? I feel terrible for buying the keyboard cover because other then my keyboard and hair ties she shows no interest in other toys. So are keyboards safe for them to play with if I buy her one?

·
Registered
761 Posts
That's so darn cute! I don't know whether keyboards are 100% safe to play with, but I can't see why not. I wouldn't encourage her to bite the silicone cover but I wouldn't worry about it either - I think you have to heat it up quite a lot to make it dangerous...?

I have a similar tale to tell. My mother bought Murray her very own (empty!) phone case after she saw how obsessed Murray was with them. However, Murray never bothers with it because nobody ever picks it up! I think sometimes the reason they seem to love technology and ignore their toys so much is because they see us super interested in the former and they want to join in. By all means get her the keyboard - I'm sure she'll like it - but maybe you could also try 'playing' with some of her toys some time and see if she gets interested!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Maybe you should give her your old one and get a new one for you LOL...
She sounds very attached to you too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts