Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone! My name is Kara, I'm 27 and I've raised birds almost my whole life. Right now, I'm a stay at home Mom and student, and have a small zoo at home.

I have Short Bus my recessive pied budgie.

Dante and Randal my cockatiels. Dante is a plain ol' gray, and Randal looks like a gray, but not. They are brothers.

I've had cockatiels before, but it's been a while. It's nice to have the singing in the house again.

They are about 6 months old, and have very little social skills. :( They get better every day. Especially Randal who LOVES to be scritched. The only problem is that you have to pick him up to do it, and he's not to keen on that part. Once you have him though, he's a snuggle butt.

I would actually like to eventually get into breeding cockatiels. I still remember my first cockatiel. A lutino. From what I know now, HE was a SHE. I still remember her beautiful barred tail feathers. Because I hand fed her, she had no idea how to be a bird until we got another tiel and eventually a Goffins Cockatoo. (My two cockatoos live with my Dad.)

Anyway, I ramble. Here are pictures of my cockatiels. (I've had them about a month or so now.)

This is Dante. This picture was taken when I first got him. He's not really big on pictures, but he loves to sing, and I don't think it will be long before he starts talking. I love the fact that even though he is a regular ol' gray, his feathers are kind of subtle and blended, but not like a female.

This is Randal. He is hilarious. Like I said, he love scritches. He also likes to sing. I looove his face markings and beak.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Nice little family! Welcome to the forum! At six months they are probably not sporting thier final colors yet. Randals face will probably get a lot more yellow by the time he's a year old. How's the weather in Kingman?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whether here is awful. One day it's hot, and another rainy and cold. Bleh! Once the family finishes college, we are headed up to Washington where I have family in Duvall, Carnation, Everett, Kent...

Of course, the first year I lived here it had been hot for 2 weeks, I woke up, walked past a window and saw snow! :eek:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I live in Washington now! The weather here has been great (hate to rub it in). We had between 75 and 80 for over a week now! Light breeze, very few clouds. Just beautiful. I love Duvall. I think the weather there is even nicer than Puyallup.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I love Randal's face markings, he's adorable. Dante is cute too! :p

Well, welcome to the forums, you'll enjoy it here.

·
Registered
670 Posts
wow you have 2 lovely tiels, :D mine doesnt have good social skils well he did have once anyway i cant scartch his head he wont let me and i have to keep him of my left shoulder he attacks it silly thing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I miss Washington summers! They were perfect! Other than the occasional Fourth of July rain!

Randal's markings are beautiful, but their mother has that same kind of head. She has a yellow streak that runs from the top of her beak up through her entire crest. I'll have to get a picture of her because she is beautiful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts