Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ordered some of Lafeber's Nutriberries for my flock (early Xmas presents!). I chose the original Nutriberries for cockatiels. They love them, just as I'd hoped! Next time I make an order from eBay I'll have to get another flavour to try. What are your 'tiels favourite Lafeber products?

I managed to get some cute pics of Coco, Honey and Henry posing with their beloved Nutriberries. :love:

·
Registered
786 Posts
So glad they like them :) Milo loves the sunny orchard and the plain ones both. I actually have him eating the Lafeber's Pellets too, and he took to them right away. Your birds are beautiful!

·
Registered
325 Posts
My tiels like all their flavors even the pellet berries. Though the first time I gave Riley some he refused to try them that is until he saw me closing them and flew over to me and perched on the container and started eating them

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feed both plain nutriberries, Sunny Orchard Pelletberries, avicakes and Sunny Orchard Nutriberries. Amazon usually has the best everyday price for Avicakes and Sunny Orchard Nutriberries. I mainly use them as transition food to pellets but I also use the Sunny Orchard Nutriberries as a treat.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you for the suggestions, guys! Looks like we're going to try the Sunny Orchard flavour and the Avicakes next :)

"What's that, Mum?" *big heartwings* :love:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nutriberries

Bennie loves his "berries", too! He likes the original ones best. I tried the popcorn ones and he didn't really go for them. I haven't tried the other flavors. I get them from "My Safe Bird Store" or "Drs. Foster and Smith." I love to give him treats that I know are good for him!
Bennie doesn't really like Avicakes, either.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I get mine at Fosters and Smith too. It was the best price I could find.

Please speak up if you have a good source for the Berries!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some new goodies arrived today from the states! Mmmmm!

Already opened the Kaytee one ;)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
That is a great shipment of goodies. :)

We just picked up some of the Pellet Berries for Joey last weekend. He won't go near them as they come, but once crushed up over his food, he greedily eats them like a little piglet. :D

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I ended up getting the Garden Veggie flavour instead of the Sunny Orchard because my guys seem to hate fruit with a passion, lol! ...But then realised the Pelletberries have fruit in them too haha.

We just picked up some of the Pellet Berries for Joey last weekend. He won't go near them as they come, but once crushed up over his food, he greedily eats them like a little piglet. :D
That's great that Joey loves them! My 'tiels are intrigued by the shape of them, they are always really excited for them (almost as much as millet!) and eat every mouthful! Success! :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
The pet shop we went to only had the Sunny Orchard, but I will be looking for the Veggie ones next time we go to the usual pet shop we go to. I'm not sure why he doesn't like the shape of them. I thought maybe once he found out he liked them the round shape wouldn't matter. Gotta love my little weirdo. :D

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I always get the original. We just got an 18 lb shipment in for the flock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I give JA JA and Tik Tok lafeber's avi-cakes they go bonkers over those things I just put another order in for the classic and the fruit avi-cakes from Drs. Foster Smith. The prices work for me....

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was unable to find the Avicakes online (eBay) but hopefully next time I make an order they'll have those. I'm starting to think my guys like the Pellet Berries more than the Nutriberries... I gotta admit, the Sunny Orchard Pellet Berries smell absolutely divine! :lol:

My partner is interested in getting some Lafeber's for Loki. Do you think giving him a few Pellet Berries to try first is a good idea? In the info they don't mention they're for lorikeets but Loki does eat pellets (he gets Vetafarm Nectar pellets which are specifically formulated for lories).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was unable to find the Avicakes online (eBay) but hopefully next time I make an order they'll have those. I'm starting to think my guys like the Pellet Berries more than the Nutriberries... I gotta admit, the Sunny Orchard Pellet Berries smell absolutely divine!

My partner is interested in getting some Lafeber's for Loki. Do you think giving him a few Pellet Berries to try first is a good idea? In the info they don't mention they're for lorikeets but Loki does eat pellets (he gets Vetafarm Nectar pellets which are specifically formulated for lories).
Vickitiel you can order avi-cakes from Dr. Foster Smith for 4.99 for 8oz package

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was unable to find the Avicakes online (eBay) but hopefully next time I make an order they'll have those. I'm starting to think my guys like the Pellet Berries more than the Nutriberries... I gotta admit, the Sunny Orchard Pellet Berries smell absolutely divine!

Vickitiel you can order avi-cakes from Dr. Foster Smith for 3.99 for 8oz package of classic and the fruit one is 4.99.
Drfostersmith.com

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Vickitiel you can order avi-cakes from Dr. Foster Smith for 4.99 for 8oz package
Okay, thanks for that! :) I just checked out this website properly. Looks awesome! Their website says I have to email them first to arrange shipping to my country, hopefully they do ship to NZ. If not I'll have to stick to eBay, which is more expensive, but still good!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts