Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if nutriberries are a suitable replacement for pellets.I'm in Ireland and have to get both delivered from the UK which makes them very expensive. Nutriberries would cost $16.28 and zupreem pellets would cost $21.80. I want my tiels to have a good diet,but also not spend a fortune. So what is better nutriberries or pellets? My birds are very picky eaters too.

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Nutriberries are nutritionally equivalent to pellets so either one is fine. Different pellet brands vary in their nutritional content so Nutriberries aren't exactly the same as Zupreem nutrition-wise. But they both have the goal of providing complete balanced nutrition, and should do a decent enough job of delivering it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll order some nutriberries then I think they might be better for my birds who are very picky with their food.I'm struggling to get them to eat vegetables,they are eating kale which is a start though! How many nutriberries should I feed per day along with seed? And hopefully vegetables but that's still a work in progress.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I'll order some nutriberries then I think they might be better for my birds who are very picky with their food.I'm struggling to get them to eat vegetables,they are eating kale which is a start though! How many nutriberries should I feed per day along with seed? And hopefully vegetables but that's still a work in progress.
Have you tried shredding or chopping the vegges really small and adding them on top of food, or sprinkling some millet over them? To get Joey started, I'd 'shave' the tops of broccoli into his seed cup, or finely chop carrots, kale or whatever veggies I wanted him to try to the size of his seeds and added them to the seed cup, and he would eat them that way. I still have to do that with some veggies.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have tried that they still refused to eat it.I only got them to eat kale because they saw my guinea pigs eat it and got jealous I tried that again but they ignored it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts