Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm need HELP. I'm staying at a rehab/nursing home for a few weeks, following surgery. They have a single cockateil in the lobby in a moderate cage. A female, around 15 years. I never see any interaction, except at feeding time. They don't change the papers daily. They never change her environment. She has a few toys. Which she never plays with. A small mirror. Cuttle bone, many perches. They only give her bird food. She picks out the sunflower seeds. She has water. I want to provide enrichment. I bought some millet, and offered her some fruit. She loved the millet. But I am not allowed to change her papers or open her cage. I put a little millet through the bars. Today there was a sign saying not to feed her as she was very old. I said she wasn't old. But they won't listen to me. She never goes out of the cage. She needs her nails trimmed,and a bath( I don't know if she ever had one). I know nothing about cockateils, but what I read online. I'm into dogs. But I love all animals. I'm not a bird owner. Should I just give up? They don't really like me here. And I'm rather shy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts