Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not good news guys, I took Peachy to the animal hospital today and she got xrays done on her. It turns out she was badly bruised underneath her wing and had a nasty bruise on her foot. But that's not the worst, she has a broken collarbone and a dislocated shoulder :(!!
I'm so cross, if only I'd been home when it happened, I wish somebody had called to tell me :mad:.
So for now she has her wing strapped to her side for the next two weeks, and will be getting pain relief for the next week. But it's so hard to watch her, she's struggling and i need to hold her up so she doesn't tip over while she eats (she's off balance because of the strapping). She's quite cross as well. Her flying from now on is going to be impaired, so she can only fly low. But at least that wont really affect her quality of life, as she doesn't need to fly up high being a housebird and all. :(

·
Registered
419 Posts
Poor little Peachy. I hope she has a fast recovery. It's awful when our little birds are hurt. We can't understand them and vice versa. All we can do is give them love and comfort. I would have been pretty irate too if one of my little ones had an accident and was hurt, but nothing was done to help them. Good luck with your little one. She is obviously in good, caring hands with you.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Poor Peachy! Give lots of love and keep her warm.
I hope she makes a good recovery.
It is so freaky when they are hurt.
Twice I have found Henry twice holding a wing on high, due to straining it.
My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Poor Peachy.

I hope Peachy has a speedy recovery. She's obviously in good hands.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Poor Peachy, wishing her a speedy recovery, I expect she is bound to be a little angry she is probably in a little discomfort, as she heals I am sure her mood will to.

Keep us updated on her progress

Jenny

·
Registered
627 Posts
Poor baby!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Poor baby...it's so hard when they are in pain or are hurt, apart from giving them comfort there's not much else you can do...but at least she's got you looking after her :) Good luck an let us know how she goes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts