Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i no i just got stretch but so far no singing at all am i just being to anxious or does he miss his siblings

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
not all sing right away it might just take him some getting use to in his new home :) Ollie made alot of squawking noises when I brought him home but it took a few weeks for him to really discover his voice even now at 4 mths for the most part he is quiet during the day and then he will just start chattering like a monkey and saying his pretty boy and then he is quiet again, he still doesn't whistle that much or sing but I haven't really taught him that yet, I figured I would just say words first and see if he picks them up which he is :) I guess there all individual but everything I have read is they don't really get there voice till there a little bit older.

did you do dna on stretch to see if he was a male?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Young cockatiels are mostly quiet anyway. :) They're not like budgies and won't chatter all day long. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok just to let you no i was gone all day till 4 pm canada time and when i got in stretch heard me started squawking till i opened his cage door then bang he was out within 5 seconds i did buy him a activity center i,m just letting the glue drie then will scrap any extra that i missed away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts