Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi..everyone i live in india ..i have searched a lot of places and all i find for my tiel(titu) is just seeds ,no toys,no pellets,no vitamin supplements(although i managed to order it from US it will arrive after a month),its very stubborn against vegetables.only dog food and dog vitamins are available here in our city,and horrible news told by our pet store owner is that every tiel here(india) lives only for 4 years,and the only reason i could think of is poor diet

can anyone please help me out or send me a link ,or tell me how to make a healthy cocktiel food, and save my poor tiels life :(

thank u

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
There is plenty of info on the forum, you're going to have to continue to try with the veggies. Sprinkle the seeds on and around the veggies (and under them too) to try to tempt the bird to eat them. A diet of veggies and seed is not bad for the bird. Be careful with the vitamins as they can cause toxicity over time.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Good luck with your tiel. The link posted above should help. It may take awhile for your tiel to eat veggies. Just keep trying. My tiel only likes his chopped in tiny pieces and raw, not cooked. But all tiels are different so try different things until you find what works.

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Do you live in a city or a rural area? If it's a rural area, you can find clean grass (not next to a road) with unripe seed heads, and give this to your bird. This is an important part of the diet of wild cockatiels and will improve your bird's diet in a very natural way. If you can get unripe grain seed heads from a field you can offer this too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts