Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share this with you. Every night around 8.00 - 8.30p.m. Dooby goes to bed, he sits on his favourite bed time perch, then around 9.00p.m. I cover him up and say "Night night, Dooby!" and blow a kiss. Well, last night, same old routine, he put himself to bed as usual, but then he blew a kiss and said "Night night, Dooby!" It sounded really funny.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
LOL!! That's so cute!! :D I wonder if he'll say night night all the time, or only at bed time...

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, he hasn't said it today so far. I wonder if they "know", I suppose they get used to a routine, do this say that, do something else say that, if you know what I mean. It was really cute though. Then because I was laughing, he started to laugh, it was hardly a winding down period. LOL.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I've heard that if you only use the words in context, they can learn to use them the same way. Just like you've been doing with Dooby and night night. :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Awwww, that is too cute!! :D Dooby is one clever man hehe!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
How sweet is that saying night night to his mommy :) it amazes me everyday what they can pick up even when your not really trying to teach them something, I laugh to everytime Ollie says something it just sounds so cute, I guess it takes so getting use to never had a talking bird before :D

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This morning he said "Good morning!" So we are keeping those two saying just for bedtime and mornings and hopefully, it will all slot into place for him.

I've never had a bird that talks before either, unless you count a budgie that I had when I was a kid that cried like the cat!! lol

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Well Dooby definitely wins the chatterbox award! :p He's getting cleverer and cleverer every day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts