Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am facing real problems with one of my favorite cockatiel breeding pair. Their chicks readily die after 2 or 3 days but with the same diet other chicks survived. I m offering soft food daily which is mixture of wheat grain, corns, peas, soya beans along with seed mix. Also boiled egg chopped with 2 slices of bread in a week. Its 2nd time their chicks died despite proper feeding by parents. I don't know what to do. In previous season they grown their babies but now babies died in both clutches.

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
Ok....first question: ARE you letting the parents feed the newborns for say the first two or three weeks? THAT could be your problem. The mixture you mention sounds good for young birds at are a couple of MONTHS old. Not newborns. We have 5 in our nest box right now that are about two and a half weeks old. The parents have been feeding them but we plan to separate and start hand feeding (and taming) them with baby (newborn) formulas you can buy on-line. Hope this helps.
Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.