Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I adopted two tiels. They are six and 2 years old. The female is six and I am told she lays eggs. When I first brought them home they would constantly put their heads together to show love and once in a while nip at each other. Mostly the male goes after the female. They've been in my home for about a week now. The female seems very docile and I've seen them once mating but in between, they really get to fighting The male especially seems to attack the female a lot and make her runoff. This morning he was being so awful that when she ran into the cage I shut the door so he couldn't follow her inside. After about half an hour he calmed down and she wanted out. Currently, they seem fine again.

I'm just wondering if this is normal behavior for a bonded pair. I was happy that they had each other in case I have to go into the office etc. but I'm worried now that he might hurt her.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Does it seem like they've picked out an area to be their nest? If so, he might be trying to make her go into it. Or maybe they're not as bonded as you think, and he's trying to chase her away from the area that he has picked out to be HIS nest (not hers).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.