Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bother you and I’m sorry if the answer’s already on here somewhere but I kind of need an answer REALLY quickly!
So, some “friends of friends” wanted to rehome a Cockatiel and long story short we’ve taken him.
Never had ANY experience of keeping birds before. Cats yes, dogs yes but not a bird!
Got him in October 2018 and already he’s sitting on my knee (a lot) and getting spoilt (a lot!)and previous owners said they let him “go out” in the sunshine because he loves that so are there any large cages that anybody can recommend to let him go outside sometimes? I don’t think his current cage is large enough.
Sorry for sounding stupid!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here. Could you look in your local aviary to see if they sell any really large aviaries or if you're garden is big enough you could get someone to build one if you Google some ideas

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can find and order cages online. The cage I have for my tiel is probably about 2' tall, 1.5' wide and deep. I just adopted my tiel back in July 2018, when a friend's brother had passed away, and I plan on letting him hang out on my balcony come the summer time. I'm in NJ and it's too cold to let him out there now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Okaaayyyy.
Well, thanks for all your helpful advice guys...��
First of all, chances are good he would simply enjoy being outside in the fresh air and sunshine in his current cage! I'm not sure size would make that much difference in this case. As to this site: I share your frustration with NOT getting a prompt answer when asking for one. Sadly, this website is just a shell of what it once was when we had two or three excellent moderators that would go out of there way to make sure most (if not all) at least got some sort of answer as soon as noticed. These people are gone for reasons I wont go into but it's just NOT the same!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.