Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi......just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Patty and I am a pretty recent owner of a male cockatiel named, Coby (that's not him in my profile pic). I actually inherited him last summer when a friend's brother had passed away. She could not keep him because she has a parrot, who is terrified of Coby, and a dog so I volunteered to adopt him if she couldn't find anybody else closer to her to take him. I fell in love with cockatiels about a year ago when I bird sat for a friend of mine who goes to Spain every year for 3 months. She had 2 cockatiels, Trump and Hillary (she had gotten them around the time of the elections, hence the names), and they were the sweetest birds, especially Hillary. Hillary would always fly onto my shoulders and would sit on my lap when I was sitting on the computer. Sadly though, Hillary (she's the bird in my profile pic) had passed but since then, we've come to find out that "Trump" is actually "Trumpette" because my friend would find eggs in the bottom of the cage after Hillary had passed. All along, she had always thought it was Hillary laying the eggs only to come to find both of her tiels were female.....lol. Anyway, I now have my Coby and Trumpette at my house for a few months because my friend had moved into a new house in December. I was originally going to keep her for about a week while she moved into her new house but they were planning on doing a lot of construction (renovating the kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) so I told her I would keep her until they were done with everything due to their sensitive lungs. I didn't think all the dust and dirt from the construction would be good for her, so.......here I am with 2 tiels now (temporarily) and I'm looking forward to browsing through the threads......... :)!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts