Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo guys!

My name is Nathan, and im from Guelph Ontario Canada (an hour west of Toronto). I have budgies and have been breeding for 7 almost 8 years... and I recently got my beauty Maya (formerly Diego) a pied split to whiteface FEMALE tiel in January of this year from a great breeder ;) We are very good pals, and she is a one person bird. I just found out yesterday she is indeed a female after all these months of thinking it was a boy :eek: So yeah, i was surprised all right!

Then before i knew Dieog was indeed a girl... i got a stunnigng cinnamon pearl split to pied and whiteface female baby cockatiel last friday (July 27th 2007). She is just soooooo cute! :D She is 13 weeks old, also handfed and is a female (proven by genetics). I bought her to give Maya company... and to breed them in the future ;) but now that I found out Maya is a girl... that complicates everything :( Oh well, once they are both old enough and i move out i will be getting TWO gorgeous male tiels ;) then instead of having 1 pair, i will have 2 :D hehe

So yeah, that sums it up for me! Oh and i ride horses, and am a total pet lover... I also have a sheltie dog named Koda, a 46g freshwater fish tank (was saltwater before), a cat named Mittens, and 5 budgies (Chico, Lilly, Oscar, Ariel, and Tobie)...

Kirby :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup.. she is a VERY vocal female :( Its cool and all... but i was basing her vocal-ness to be a male.. so i got a new female (Disney, as i wanted a male/female to breed in the future)... and i DNA'd Diego and he was indeed a she now :eek: So i have 1 very vocal... and 1 very girly females on my hand now... Let the fun begin ;) lol I am getting both of them male hubbies when i move out in a few years though... so that will be good! :D

Kirby

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Wow!! I can't believe MAYA is a girl!! :eek: What a massive suprise. Anyway, welcome to the forums. :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
hi , welcome to the forums :D
it is good to see you here .

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Nathan!! It's good to see you here!!! Woah can't believe Maya is a girl!! What a shock! Beautiful girl she is though :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts