Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, I am new to the site and cockatiel ownership although I have and still do own a budgie, the tiel (see I catch on quick) is named Sweetypie, she is too, she is a Lutino I think yellow with pink beak and red eyes, my budgie is green and named Sparky, I live in upstate N.Y. (hate winter, fastly approching. I hope I wont be a pain asking question, thanks
Pat:):)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Hi Pat welcome to the forum, ask as many questions as you need to we have a great group of people here, Sweetypie would definetly be a lutino, I have one as well her name is Minnie ;) I hear you on the winter fast approaching...lol I am in Ontario Canada and we get it bad here to :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! :D Ask away, we'll be happy to help with any questions you have.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Welcome to Talkcockatiels! I hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you everyone, I feel right at home here already. I was wondering if after Sweetypie has gotten used to Sparky (the budgie) they are going to be next to each other next week, in their own cages, if they would be ok together in Sweetypies cage, my lovely husband said my house is getting more like a zoo every day, what are your thoughts?
Pat

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
thank you everyone, I feel right at home here already. I was wondering if after Sweetypie has gotten used to Sparky (the budgie) they are going to be next to each other next week, in their own cages, if they would be ok together in Sweetypies cage, my lovely husband said my house is getting more like a zoo every day, what are your thoughts?
Pat

hehe.....do our husbands know each other...lol :p Budgies have a tendency to be little bullies, I would not put a tiel and a budgie in the same cage its just asking for trouble some do get along but for the most part not housed in the same cage, keeping them side by side in there own cages would be best for them, my tiels and budgies have out time together but my budgies are always chasing the tiels away, there are others on here who have tiels and budgies that get along for the most part with out of cage playtime but most would agree they shouldn't be housed in the same cage. ;)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
hehe.....do our husbands know each other...lol :p Budgies have a tendency to be little bullies, I would not put a tiel and a budgie in the same cage its just asking for trouble some do get along but for the most part not housed in the same cage, keeping them side by side in there own cages would be best for them, my tiels and budgies have out time together but my budgies are always chasing the tiels away, there are others on here who have tiels and budgies that get along for the most part with out of cage playtime but most would agree they shouldn't be housed in the same cage. ;)
I agree with what Laura said. :D They definitely benefit from having their own personal space to go back to. Budgies are little bullies at times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts