Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm in the Austin, Texas area. I've cared for just about every species of pet that is available (including some livestock), as my daughter was a budding zookeeper as a child. One thing we did not have was birds, as our house cat would make life miserable for any winged thing. I have recently rescued three cockatiels through a friend of a friend. The owner, a nurse, got Covid at work. She is unlikely to ever come home (many complications) and so her family is rehoming all her pets. No one wanted three birds. I'm a sucker for all living things and so brought them home. I'm a person who studies up on any new species and found you all from a search engine query. I've bought a couple books and have an avian vet lined up.
I know nothing about the life these birds lived and neither do the owner's children (she is single with grown children). I am starting from scratch.
I look forward to getting to know you all and hope you don't boot me for the number of questions I may have in the beginning.
CeeCee

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
Hello CeeCee and welcome to the forum! I live just up the road from you in Dublin Tx.! First I'd like to commend you for rescuing the three cockatiels. Sadly so many birds ( tiels included ) go unwanted for many reasons. People decide they don't want them because they are noisy, messy, and the fact that a lot of people just flat out don't know how to care for birds and provide for them. By reaching out for help in your above posts shows that you care! I guess you could call me a zoo keeper for birds. We have 16 cockatiels and two sun conures! I discovered my passion for birds a mere 6 years ago and the interest keeps growing! We have had 3 clutch's of babies and of the 16 I mentioned, 4 are still in the nest box and almost 3 weeks old now. With that said, I don't consider myself an expert but have read just about everything I can find on cockatiels and even a few other species! I am also SO glad to hear you've already found an avian vet! MANY people that have these birds are not lucky enough to live anywhere near one as there pretty far and few between! I'm really hoping that these birds came to you already hand fed and tamed but sadly, even if they are, a lot of people have issues with re-homed birds because it simply takes time for birds to get use to there new home and there owners. Feel free to ask ANY questions or concerns you may have and I will try to give you answers.

Robert Seale

P.S My home e-mail is: [email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I go out of my way to practically write you a book on introduction and that's ALL you have to say? Guess your not that interested after all!!!
You don't know me and have no idea what I have going on in my life. Just because I didn't send a lengthy post back is no reason to be judgemental. I was under the impression that this site was judgement free. You're judging the length of my reply??! I'd report you to the admin if I felt it would do any good. I have enough negativity in my life without having a complete stranger be rude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.