Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I recently joined here after getting my first cockatiel. He's a young normal gray male (supposedly, but we'll see after he's a little older) and his name is Cosmo. I've had him a week and I've already found that he likes hanging out on my shoulder and LOVES head scratches! He's also really good about eating his vegetables even though there is also seed in his food dish. So far, carrots are his favorite.

My previous pet bird experience was all budgies, which I had for a little over 10 years. I took a few years off to finish school, and now that I'm done with my undergrad and have a solid job, I thought it was a good time to get a bird again. I'm so happy I did! He's made me a much happier person...I had missed having birds! I also struggle with anxiety and having him around has really helped with that.

This website has been a really good source of information as I am very new to owning a cockatiel, so I'd thought I'd join and say hi! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and their cute little birdies!

In addition to parrots, I'm very into birding and ornithology in general. I'm trying to make birds my life :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi! Welcome from Percy and me. :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hey there from central Canada! And congrats on your first tiel :D Cockatiels have an addictive trait - they wrap their toes around yer heart and don't let go. They can be ripe little stinkers, LOL!!

Hi from me and my brats :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts