Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have promised my kids they could have a bird. I used to have cockatiel, so I am familiar with them. I just put the cage together this morning. It's a bit smaller then I thought it would be but I'm hoping a new feathered friend will be happy in it. My children want two birds (my kiddos are twins) but I am afraid that the two birds would bond with each other and not so much with humans. Plus even though the reviews for the cage said it was big enough to house two cockatiels, I am not so sure about that. I'm hoping to figure out how to post a pic of the cage and maybe get some feed back?

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think that cage is big enough, but some measurements would be helpful. As for bonding, if the kids spend enough time with the birds, I think they could be bonded to them (as well as each other). Then again, this also depends on the birds themselves. Maybe - and someone correct me if I'm wrong - try getting two birds from two different places, so that they don't get to know each other before they to know the kids? That way, during the quarantine period you guys would have a chance to bond with the fids, and they wouldn't even see each other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cage measurements

Here are the cage measurements.

Material: iron
Cage Size: 18 x17.9 x30.2inch (L x W x H)
Total Size: 26.1 x25.8 x61.6inch (L x W x H)
Door Size: 18.6 x 8.7inch (L x W x H)
Bar spacing: 1.5cm/0.6inch

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
My mom had that cage and it IS a little bit on the small size, especially for two birds. It would be fine for one bird, but it's kinda cramped for two, especially with toys and things in it. Now, there's nothing wrong with starting out with one bird and then getting another once that one is bonded to you and your kids. That way, if you felt the need to upgrade the cage, you could about that as well. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi! Welcome from Percy and me :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum! :)

If it were me I would only house one bird in that cage. Toys, perches and feeding dishes take up quite a bit of space so it would get a bit cramped for two I think. :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Milo and I! You are right, it is a bit small for two birds. But starting out with one bird would be fine too, more of a chance to bond. Have fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts