Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I’m new to the wonderful world of cockatiels. I am the proud parent of two beautiful tiels for about 3 months now. Got them at supposedly 6 months old as a bonded pair.
Tried to find hand raised for easier bonding but to no avail but I’m still happy with my two.
i am struggling at the moment with bonding as I’m certain my girl tiel has had some sort of trauma as she is very loud and always scared no matter how slow I go. My boy is easier to handle and we’re always making little milestones but then she panics over something which scares him back a few steps.
please meet my two babies , Donald (left) and Daisy (right).
Bird Plant Flowerpot Yellow Bird supply
Bird Plant Flowerpot Yellow Bird supply

·
Registered
Normal grey with ghost spots
8 Posts
I'm new too. But have you tried working with them separately? Also even though cockatiels are floor feeders mine isn't and most birds prefer to be up high. Try working with them on s table or the cage too. Somewhere where you won't be leaning over them. They are probably bonded to each other, so less likely to bond to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm new too. But have you tried working with them separately? Also even though cockatiels are floor feeders mine isn't and most birds prefer to be up high. Try working with them on s table or the cage too. Somewhere where you won't be leaning over them. They are probably bonded to each other, so less likely to bond to you.
Hi Johnny
Sorry the photo doesn’t give much context. Generally they like to hang out on top of the cage where I’ve put a few of their toys, bath and tray for treats. The photo is an occasion where they decided to get a lay of the the land and pretty much goose stepped around the coffee table. I’m really hoping to bond with these two as I think my girl daisy is quite the character just waiting to come out. I’m definitely bonded more with Donald my boy tiel as he has recently began to let me touch him briefly and with some encouragement he’ll perch on my hand for a short spell. Yes there are days where I get frustrated that something goes wrong but the days I get those little reactions are why I got them. Pure magic to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts