Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I'm Trey, and I'm the foster papa of a cockatiel rescue called Radar. He was removed from his old home, filthy and with an overgrown beak, and is now living the good life while we work on socializing him and vet-checking him (fingers crossed all his tests come back negative!).

I popped in here because I'm new to taking care of cockatiels (I used to have budgies, but he's my first 'tiel) and I wanted to make sure that I did the best I could for him, and any other foster birds who cross this door!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi! I own, and have fostered, both cockatiels and budgies. I love them both, but for me the big difference is what I am greeted with in the morning. I tend to hear happy, chirpy noises from the budgies in the morning whereas the cockatiels sound more like, "Hey!!! You!!! Why am I still in my cage??? When are you going to come give me some treats??? Hurry up!". :wacko: Your foster may not have come to think of you as "Provider in Chief" yet, however. The cockatiels tend to like to shred even more than the budgies, so I keep plenty of shredding toys in their cage. They also like it when I hide little treats in their toys. Doesn't take them very long to find all of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.