1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped in to say hi
1st time owner of a Teil
We believe she’s 1yr 3month but not totally certain it was what we was told
She’s a bit confrontational at the moment but I hope to tame her so she’s easy to handle and she can get the love she deserves

only thing I know is she sings if your happy and you know it & she was let out to fly but I’m taking all I’ve been told with a pinch of salt

got her last night so the next few days I’m going to leave her be so she can get use to being moved and get use to her surroundings
She has a tendency to perch herself on a mirrored perch at the back of the cage with no toys so I believe the previous owner didn’t do much in the way of stimulation or handling

first job will be a bigger cage, toys, assorted foods and to remove the buggie mirror as I think that’s why she’s defensive

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
Yes, first thing I would get rid of that mirror. You also need to get her some toys to play with and chew on. If your bird is singing as you say then there is a 95% probability you have a male! Welcome to the forum and keeps us updated.
Robert

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dropped in to say hi
1st time owner of a Teil
We believe she’s 1yr 3month but not totally certain it was what we was told
She’s a bit confrontational at the moment but I hope to tame her so she’s easy to handle and she can get the love she deserves

only thing I know is she sings if your happy and you know it & she was let out to fly but I’m taking all I’ve been told with a pinch of salt

got her last night so the next few days I’m going to leave her be so she can get use to being moved and get use to her surroundings
She has a tendency to perch herself on a mirrored perch at the back of the cage with no toys so I believe the previous owner didn’t do much in the way of stimulation or handling

first job will be a bigger cage, toys, assorted foods and to remove the buggie mirror as I think that’s why she’s defensive

View attachment 93136
Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Your tiel is beautiful! Yes, your tiel does need lots of toys, and it would be a good idea to remove the budgie mirror.

Good luck with your new tiel! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, first thing I would get rid of that mirror. You also need to get her some toys to play with and chew on. If your bird is singing as you say then there is a 95% probability you have a male! Welcome to the forum and keeps us updated.
Robert
From what I can see her cheeks are more light orange than a solid red and her tail feathers are mottled, not 100% sure but previous owners were sure she’s a girl and them indicators push me more towards her being a girl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had some progress with KiKi tonight, figured out she’s all front all the hissing and pecking comes to mostly nibbles when she actually touched my fingers, we nodded off after an afternoon walk and while we were asleep she decided she wasn’t getting any attention so first flight from the cage, had to bother her a little to get her somewhere safe coz we have a dog that’s not use to her yet but she sat perfectly on my hand
From the way she flew I’m guessing she’s around a year to 18months old and I don’t think she’s ever been out her cage
Got rid of the old cage and got a bigger one for her that’s floor standing so it’s level with us all in the living room
Also got rid of the buggie mirror and got her toys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts