Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i am new to this site and got my first cockateil around two weeks ago i think its a she because she is very quiet. I have chosen peekaboo as her name she was avery raised and isnt tame yet we are working on it but she is very slow to trust me and still moves to the back of her cage when i get too close although she does take millet from my hand i am usingmillet as her training food. i am looking forward to chatting with you all.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the group! How old is your baby? We love pictures here too (hint hint). I have a 9 week old tiel and he was very quiet for the first week, getting noisier now though. Patience is the key to training. Sounds like you are doing fine though. You will find this group very helpful. I like the name too! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is my baby i dont know how old she is i was told around 16weeks and also im not entirely sure if she is female or what mutation she is she is a lot lighter than in the picture.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your 'tiel is so cute! :love:

·
Registered
786 Posts
She is just adorable! You will have many happy days ahead for sure! I think she is a pied :) Thanks for the pic!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Peekaboo is a pretty girl that's for sure. She might not be fully tame but it seems you're making great progress. I can't get my new tiel to eat anything from my hand. Notta thing. Anyhoo, welcome to the board.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have made massive progress she stands on my finger to eat her millet and i managed to get her out of her cage while on my finger i am so happy and it is all thanks to your post on hand taming. Xx

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts