Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were some questions and some anticipation regarding the new style for TC. After some last minute adjustments, I finally wrapped up the new style, called Version 2. For those of you who are members of TB, you should feel right at home with the new look.

We are aiming for a consistent looking among our websites, so a very similar style has finally been brought to TC! :)

For those of you who did not explicitly select the old style as your default (I'd imagine most did not since it was the only choice), Version 2 is automatically live for you. If you did not opt to go with the forum default style, you will need to go to your User CP and change to Version 2 if you wish to use it.

If you do not want to use the new style, the old one is still available. Go to your Edit Options page, scroll to the very bottom, and select Talk Cockatiels Version 1 from the "forum skin" menu.

Hope you all like the new look of TC! :D

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. :)

The sidebar is now enabled for everyone. If you didn't see it on the left side of your page, refresh and it should be there now.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
whew! back to normal. The new style is nice, but I'm not ready for another change in my life just yet.

The Karma is the same as the thanks button.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Haven't decided how I like it yet..at least it doesn't have that giant announcement banner at the top if the page that you have to scroll through before getting to the posts like on TB.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I was just getting used to the old format, but this one looks good! I'll just adjust and if I don't like it I can always return to the old style.

But this one looks so snazzy!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I really like it, I think it is much, much better!
I especially like how much wider the layout is too.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I really like it overall, but is there a way to still have thanks given/received displayed instead of karma? I liked that feature, and it seems kind of pointless to have karma there instead when everyone's will always just be 10.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
lol funny! i went to tc three times getting angry for it bringing me to tb until i realized that this is tc!
i laugh at myself. ha ha ha!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Enigma I'll look into it and see if we can keep the thanks button with the new setup (which I haven't changed to yet, I don't like change!!!! lol)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts