Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I figured I'd give a little introduction since I'm brand new here.

My girlfriend and I just got a cockatiel the other day. His name is Darwin. We think he's about 4 months old or so. He's a normal grey, but still has his juvenile plumage (which he's currently moulting right now). Both my girlfriend and I have owned birds before - she owns a Double Yellow-headed Amazon and has owned a lovebird and budgies, and I've owned budgies - but neither of have owned a cockatiel before so we though it would be nice for something new!

A bit about myself: I'm 20 and live in Guelph, ON. I currently attend the University of Guelph for Computer Science. I'm an avid birdwatcher and bird photographer, but that only happens when I'm not coding my life away on the computer.

It's great to be here and I'm excited to learn more about cockatiels!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome from me and Chicken! You will find the Cockaiel the most wonderful bird to own! Keep us updated!

Love from me and Chicken,

~Skye

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hello and welcome to you, your girlfriend and Darwin! :D

You will soon find that humans don't own cockatiels, but it is the cockatiel that owns the humans. :D

Can't wait to see pictures. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome to you! ...from me and Percy :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hello and welcome to TC from Milo and I! Its so true that you will be owned by your tiel! They are loving little birds, and always funny and sometimes frustrating, but regardless, your heart can't help but love them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts