Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i’m Kizzy
I have a rescue cockatiel named Roxy re-named from Rocky..Was told she was male but males don’t lay eggs! She was black when I received her after a bath she is cream yellow and gray, her cage was covered in mild along with her dishes.Threw it all out got her acquainted with my male. I’ve had her 9 years she’s finally allowing me little strokes. The problem is for the last 3 days she’s been doing this high pitched squawk. I can’t afford to ignore her due to my medical conditions (seizure trigger). I’ve cleaned her cage gave fresh food and water millet, gave her a bath switched her toys out rearranged them. Not sure what else to do any suggestions.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

Well done for rescuing her! She sounds like a sweetheart.

Is she possibly hormonal? There is a Sticky thread about hormone control and what to do here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Vickitiel, I have had issues with her hormones and new how to handle that, but even doing the hormonal reducing tricks she still hadn’t stopped. We just moved her cage and apparently for right now this has worked. She has been quiet and calm for the last 2 hours! Fingers crossed..

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
The hormone control methods generally take a few weeks to start having an effect. Moving her cage was a good idea, it should help.

Do you have her and your male in the same cage or in separate cages?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts