Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I live in Mexico and have moved into a new apt. with a very large metal screened in patio. This will enable me to live my dream of living in a bird aviary. My four cockatiels will have free flight once the two new birds, Jazz and Josie, have been hand tamed as I have succeeded in doing with Pepe and Miko. Any babies they may produce will be hand tamed from day one and will always be flighted. I have a large table gym for them and I enjoy taking them out in their cages while I garden. Inside they have the freedom to play on the gym all day. Hand taming aviary raised birds can be done with much time and practice. It took 11 months for Pepe to go from being very afraid to now going in and out of the cage on my finger, eating millet while standing on my open hand and accepting head scritches while eating millet. Miko has taken 7 months because she follows Pepe's lead or vice versa. I clipped Jazz and Josie's flight feathers yesterday and will start their lessons today. Someday they will fly free living with me as a trusted friend.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
That sounds exciting! :) Welcome to TC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts