Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I’ve just joined and I need some help but I thought I’d do a small introduction first :)

I have three cockatiels
Nova: my first cockatiel! I believe he’s a cinammon pied but I’m not too sure. He’ll be turning 12 this year

Pixel and Speck: 4 month old whiteface babies. Speck is pearl and Pixel is plain grey.

I’m looking forward to interacting with you fellow cockatiel lovers

As to the help I need, it’s regarding my older cockatiel Nova dealing with some stressful change. Can anyone direct me to where I should be asking that or can I just do so in this thread?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome to you and your three tiels! There are locations on this website that may help you with your issue but I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to you and your three tiels! There are locations on this website that may help you with your issue but I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
Thank you Robert!
I’ll share here and if you are able to help that’ll be great. I apologize in advance for the long message but I felt like some context was required.

As I’ve mentioned I’ve had Nova for almost 12 years. When we got him he was hand tamed. Throughout this time we grew a very strong connection and he got very attached to me. At some point I had to travel abroad to study and he was affected by that. But with a lot of love and patience we managed to get back to almost where we were at before.
Last year I moved out of my family home into a much more quiet place... he took some time to get used to it but was fine otherwise apart from being lonely until we managed to get the new birds. However he has been inexplicably aggressive, always stressed and generally unhappy. He rarely sings anymore, and he has lost weight and has been losing a lot of feathers (not his normal molt).

I’ve taken him to a vet but there’s apparently nothing “wrong” with him. I’m really worried and heartbroken, I miss my little guy and I don’t know what to do. I can’t even go near his cage, even to change his food/water or let him out without being attacked and bitten :(

I am trying all I can to be patient and try to get him comfortable but I feel stuck.. Above everything I am just sad to see him this way. I just want him to be healthy and happy for the longest possible time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don’t know if any of his issues are age related, or if it’s all just the stress of the move or a possible underlying illness.

Sorry again about the long message and thanks in advance.. i hope I managed to get my points across clearly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts