Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself and my fids Coco :grey tiel: and Zuki :cobalt: :) I've been reading a lot of the threads but this is my first post.

I got Coco (I think it's a he because of his behaviour) 1 week ago. His past owner told me that he was 2 months and 1 week. He had never been handled when I got him but he's done a 180 in the short time that I've had him. He used to hiss at me and nibble at my fingers when I tried getting close to him. Now he steps up on command (i'd say 90% of the time) and i've trained him to fly to me for some millet (not 100% of the time but we're working on it). He hasn't let me give him and scritches or cuddles yet but i'm letting him take his time.

I've had cockatiels in the past so i'm not a newbie. I LOVE cockatiels! They are so wonderful, curious, gentle, and friendly little guys. I'm so excited to be able to finally have another one in my life.

A little about me, I'm a young mom to 4 human children (aged 6, 4, 3 and 1), 2 dogs (1 yorkie named kacey and 1 bouvier des flandre named Rocky), 2 cats (Scotch and Blizzard), 1 guinea pig (Brownie), 1 budgie (Zuki) and 1 cockatiel (Coco). I live in Quebec, Canada. I work from home 95% of the time, I'm an entrepreneur that started a small bookkeeping business and now specializing into financial management for condominiums.

About Coco, I think that he's a mix of pied and grey (not 100% sure since he hasn't had his first molt yet). I got him from someone that had a male and female and was letting them breed but then decided that they didn't have the time for them and were looking to sale them. I got him a nice big cage that he's barely in lol. He'd rather fly and hang out on top of Zuki's cage :) He's fully flighted and has been doing pretty well considering he's never flown around before I got him. At first he was a bit clumsy but now, just a week later, he can land on my hand when I call him with pretty good accuracy. He's starting to love chewing everything he can get his beak on. Sometimes, things that he's not supposed to but i'm working on redirecting him to one of his many many toys.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys on here and expending my cockatiel knowledge. :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hello and welcome to you, your fids, furry folk and miniature humans from Joey and me! :) It sounds like you have a very full, very enjoyable life. :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hello hello from Manitoba, Canada! Welcome to your family- feathered, fuzzy and not at all :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :D

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts