Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I got Willow 3 days ago, "he" surprisingly went straight to my shoulder when I got him home, he loves just sitting on my shoulder or head, anywhere up high. he is 3 months old, he was born March 5, 2012.

Here are some pictures, more to come.

I will post more pictures later, I was told "it" was a boy, but "his tail is very colorful and has spots, not just plain grey.... will post pictures later, if anyone would like to comment about that and give me a little advice, of course, it's more than welcome! :D

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
What a cutie!! With him being so young tail color would not tell you the sex. Unless he was DNA sexed I don't know how they would have known he is a boy. They may have been going by wing spot sexing but that isn't 100% accurate.

Looks like he is settling in well :)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
What a cutie!!!! Willow is gorgeous!!!:D

Since he is so young and hasnt gone through his first molt you cant sex him visually ( meaning by facial colour and tail bars). When he goes through his first molt if he starts to get the yellow face mask and loses his tail bars you know you have a boy, if willow keeps the gray face and tail bars then you have a girl.
You can try wing spot sexing, its not always 100% accurate though,http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=18307.

There are also a few behaviours that only males do, which are beak banging, heart wings, and singing/whistling, so keep an eye out for those behaviours in the future.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts