Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have owned tiels before but it didn't work out to well with a young son. My son is now 7 and is doing great with understanding how to act around animals. We have had other animals around all this life, but with birds it was scaring them too much when he was younger. I just lucked into a great deal a a local pet store on a nice tiel. I think it's a male. He kinds of acts like a boy. He is not a baby but still young. Since the tiels they had in were a little older than they normally get in they had them on sale for $49.99. I couldn't turn down a deal like that. Plus I was standing there making some noise to get their attention and he was the first one to come over and chrip back.

I looked up tiel coloring/markings and found he is a very light pied....his eyes look very black. He is very yellow with some gray (pied) markings on the back of his wings.

As you have probably noticed i haven't referred to him by his name, this is because I haven't thought of one yet. I just got him last wednesday and can't think of just the right name. He is very shy and scared, but definitely interested in me when i make certain noises, so it shouldn't be too hard to work with him. At least he will come over and talk to me, he isn't hiding at the back of the cage all the time or anything. i had a female before and they never wanted to "talk" to me like he does, so that is why i think he is a he. He is the bird in my avatar pic. I will also add a pic here for you to see.

As for me I am 25 yrs old, my son is 7 yrs old. I have owned many different types of animals and have worked in a pet store before.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Oh, he is such a pretty boy! I'm sure he'll come around - sounds like he's not too shy and already starting to love you since he's interested and chirping to you. :) And welcome to TC! Let us know what name you decide on, and keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Oh my what a beautiful 'tiel you've got there. ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome! Your little guy is beautiful! I love his markings! The right name will come to you when you least expect it. I was in the middle of dinner when I suddenly had an outburst of "Frankie!" for my little guy :) Needless to say, my family was looking at me strangely until I explained. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I decided to go with the name I had first thought of. It was the first one that came to me when I was looking at him and the more I thought about it it was the one I kept coming back to. His name is Sunny. Everything about him reminds me of something bright and happy like the sun. His colors and personality. So it's not official, his name is Sunny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.