Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Its good to finally become a member. I hope I am posting this in the right place, if not let me know.

A little about Rosie and myself. We gave her a female name because in early months you can't tell, but she is actually a he but I still refer to her as she.
Rosie is a lutino cockatiel :lutino: and is coming up on two years old. We bought her from the pet store, but the manager was the breeder, so we have a very good relationship with her. She has a very nice personality and always loves being around me and getting her neck scratched.

The only thing is whenever I leave the room she screams her longs off. I have done my research and I know she is just trying to keep in contact with me, so I always flock call with her and make sure I say goodbye whenever I leave. I don't enter the room until she stops or makes a more pleasant chirp or starts to sing.

I would love for her to get to the point where she can play with her toys on her cage top and I can work at my desk 8 feet away without her getting upset and fidgety. Don't get me wrong I love it when she is with me, in fact she is helping me type right now sitting on my hand making sure I don't make a mistake.

I can't wait to hear from you guys with some advise on what I should be doing differently.

Rosie and Chris

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome! From me and Chicken, this is so Hilarious because the same thing happend with a male teil we bought. He was so young we thought it was a girl and just named it Lily. Later we learned it was a boy and still called it a her:D! She yelled every time we left the room too. It improves in time:yes:. Now I have a female named Chicken, sweetie pie.:love:

How old is Roise?
Welcome to the forum, post question, concerns, and always consult us before making rash decisions! If you make choices let us know about them:)

~Skye

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Milo and I! Milo was the same way when he was a baby, but now he just does a flock call now and then if I am out of the room, and I answer which settles him down right away. Just my thoughts but I bet your baby will outgrow it too. You seem to be doing the right things with her. As for the playing on the cage, I would set her up there while you are close by and let her get used to it first, then gradually move a little further away each day. Putting some treats like a nutriberry can entice her to stay there. Its mostly just patience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the responses everyone for the responses.:)

Rosie is just over 3 years old now, I think she was born in February 2013.

I'm not sure how these attachments will show up, but its a picture of Rosie and the other is her cage viewed from my desk. Like I said not to far away and she does go up the ropes on the side and plays on the top, but most of the time she is just trying to get to me.

Rosie and Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Your Rosie is a beauty. :love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts