Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol i'm such an impulse buyer. A breeder posted on my state's breeder network page that she has two indian ringneck babies available, so I drove an hour out of town to meet them.

Really though, i've been wanting one of these for a looong time but nobody around here ever seems to have babies. I've been on one breeder's wait list for 2 years but nothing yet LOL.

So I got there, and the breeder is lovely, super nice and she has an amazing set up. She takes me into the nursery and there sit these two ADORABLE indian ringneck babies. I fell in love LOL. I played with them for a bit and one just didn't seem to want to leave me alone. So I brought him home :p

Introducing Indy! My new feathered baby. Same hatch date as Panda!

I know, I know. His name is as unoriginal as they come lol. But i'm not sure if he's a he or she, and "indy" is pretty well unisex. I really like it as a name anyway. Plus, I find the worst part of getting a new pet is naming it, so something as easy as "indy" is always going to be a winner LOL.

Won't hubby be surprised when he gets home......

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Haha I can hear that conversation now...."So I made a new friend today. And brought him home to stay!!"

Very cute. Names are the worst for me, my hubby comes up with most of them!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lmao I can just picture it.. him walking through the door and seeing this green thing staring at him. He'll be like "where did that come from?" rofl. I have to pick him up from work because his car is out of commission.. Maybe i'll tell him on the way home lol

·
Registered
786 Posts
What a sweetie! I love Indian Ringnecks, and they have the sweetest little voice! I like the name Indy also. Can't wait to hear hubby's reaction :p

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Heeheee! You have GOT to post his reaction when he finds out about Indy :lol: BTW - love the name! Sweet, simple and descriptive all in one!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd love for him to be able to say his name eventually so something short and sweet was a must in that regard haha. And I want to teach Oscar to say "hello indy" heheheee. I'm gonna have him DNA sexed after christmas so I know exactly what i've got :p

I don't think hubby will mind. He generally doesn't care as long as he doesn't have to DO anything lmao. He had to drive me out to pick Oscar up when I got him but this time he doesn't have to do a thing :p

I'm actually thinking about just "forgetting" to tell him and see how long it takes him to notice that there's a different bird in the room... LOL.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I did the "forgot to mention that" thing and we were home for a good hour before indy's presence was noticed. He fluttered down to the floor (hubby was on the phone at the time and didn't notice) and he was waddling around.. Hubby got off the phone and was watching tv, and saw indy waddling around out of the corner of his eye and jumped a freaking MILE hahahahaha. I laughed so hard my ribs hurt.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
That's priceless!!! Scared of a little ol' bird! :p

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, he is SUPER observant lmao!

Firstly during his tremendous fright he shouted "oh what the **** is that" hahaha. But once everything had settled down he just started asking questions. Where did I get him, how did I find him, will I ever stop buying birds, you know, the usual. Heheheh

Seriously though I think he likes him. As expected, he was pleased with the fact that he didn't have to do anything lol. His only concern was poop. "does this one shoot lava crap like Oscar?" lmao. No honey, this one's poop isn't weaponized.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was going to get a quaker today but the author took the ad down without ever getting back to me at least you got your guy

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Yes, he is SUPER observant lmao!

Firstly during his tremendous fright he shouted "oh what the **** is that" hahaha. But once everything had settled down he just started asking questions. Where did I get him, how did I find him, will I ever stop buying birds, you know, the usual. Heheheh

Seriously though I think he likes him. As expected, he was pleased with the fact that he didn't have to do anything lol. His only concern was poop. "does this one shoot lava crap like Oscar?" lmao. No honey, this one's poop isn't weaponized.
Wife of the year! :D :thumbu:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Funny story! I'd have pretended to be surprised to, and 'guessed' that maybe Santa had come early. :D

:D Your new Indy is gorgeous!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He started head bobbing and making IRN noises before to let me know he was hungry. Still won't let me pick him up yet, but he'll let me know when I need to bend to his will and wait on him hand and foot LOL.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
[email protected] Jumped a mile high. OMG...I would pay to see that film **Snickers**

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Congrats on your gorgeous new baby! :love:

I really like Indian Ringnecks.. at my local Animates a couple of months ago they had some very young hand reared green ones just like Indy :love: I got to hold one of them and he was just so sweet that I melted inside.. It was sooo hard to say goodbye! I would have brought him/her home if I had my own place with tons of room :D

I'm interested to know how Indy gets along with your 'tiels, once they're introduced! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts