Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Today we got two 2 month old cockatiels. There were 3 birds in the cage to choose from so we chose a yellow one and a black and yellow. They don’t have names yet. The only thing is that the other cockatiel that was left behind the black& white one & our Black / yellow one seemed to be constantly feeding or in each other’s mouths. Does that mean anything? Shop lady said they were feeding each other ( but we live in Thailand and I’m not entirely sure I understood her). I’ve been reading about bonding & wondering if they could have bonded already at 2 months old? I’m worried we’ve split a pair. Also the white was not as friendly as the yellow when we were choosing and kept withdrawing to the back of the cage. Now the black/ yellow one is sitting on top of the food tray & the yellow one below. I’m wondering if this is just getting to know their cage day one. Or if it’s marking territory?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am afraid your cockatiels are not fully weaned yet. The one you refer as feeding is begging for being feed by parent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts